* 1 lb ground beef
* 1/2 an onion, sliced
* 4-5 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
* 2 jalapenos seeded and diced
* 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
* 8 green olives, pitted and sliced into quarters
* 2 tablespoon of the olive liquid
* 1/4 cup raisins (softened by soaking in warm water for 20 minutes)
* 1 poblano chile or green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
* 1 teaspoon cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1 small cone of piloncillo or 1 teaspoon brown sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon mollasses.
* 2 potatoes peeled and cubed* (optional, see below)
* 1/4 cup oil* (optional for potatoes)
Cook the ground beef, jalapenos and onions over medium heat until the beef is about 1/2 cooked and only some pink remains. Add the garlic and cook for mixture for 2 more minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and cook over low heat until the beef is well browned and crumbly and the tomatoes and onions are softened and begin to combine with the other ingredients.
Cook the potatoes in the oil over medium heat in a large pan. When the potatoes have softened and are browned, fold into the beef mixture.