‘Molcajete’ A Must!
Mmm. Are you ready for a authentic Mexican ‘guacamole’ dish? This authentic Mexican recipe was handed down to my husband from his grandmother. I guarantee you this is the best authentic Mexican guacamole dish I’ve ever tasted, and I’ve tasted quite a few.
- 2 med Mexican aguacates (avocados may be substituted,) med ripe
- 1 small red medium hard tomato (diced small)
- 1 or 2 small Serrano peppers (seeded and very finely diced)
- 1/4 to 1/2 onion ( very finely diced)
- 1/8 cup coarse cilantro
Salt to taste.
Smash the ‘aguacates’ using a molcahete (Mexican squishier) if you have one available (if you don’t have one you may use fork) until the aguacates (or avacados) are between chunky & smooth, according to your liking. Then you add the ingredients (except salt) and mix. Sprinkle with 1/8 cup coursed cilantro leaves. Salt to taste just before serving.
- do not add salt until ready to serve (for preservation)
- place avocado bone in with the guacamole. This is done for that authentic Mexican dish display look , but most importantly for the preservation of the guacamole)
- when storing guacamole you should add a couple of slices of Mexican lime or one slice of American lemon(just the pea,) and seal tightly.
This authentic Mexican Guacamole Dish can be used as a dip or as a side serving with a full course authentic Mexican dinner.
Let me know if I can get some Mexican goods for you. The molcahete is a must, specially when entertaining. The authentic Mexican look to go with the authentic Mexican taste. Just let me know what it is that you need and I will be happy to shop it for you and send it to you at a special price. Remember, when it comes to authentic Mexican dishes, one of the most important things is for you to have what you need. That’s what makes it authentic. Enjoy!
Molcahete Mortar and Pestle $27.50 Plus Shipping