This authentic Mexican recipe is made using Mexican chocolate imported direct from Mexico. There is nothing better than a warm chocolate beverage to warm you up on a chilly morning. This Mexican favorite is flavored with anise and sweetened with piloncillo.
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup masa harina (or 1/3 cup nixtamal)
- 1 disk Mexican chocolate, chopped
- 3 piloncillo cones, small, (one ounce each) chopped
- 1 pinch of anise seed, ground (optional)
In a large pot, whisk masa harina into the warm water until thoroughly combined. Add milk, chocolate, piloncillo and anise. Bring to a simmer and whisk with a molinillo (a special tool to whip the drink) until chocolate is melted and sugar is dissolved.
This is one of those authentic Mexican recipes that can be made only using authentic Mexican chocolate and a Mexican molino. Just let me know and I will send both direct to your doorstep. Enjoy!
Mexican Kitchen Hot Chocolate In a Box Includes
- one package Abuelita Mexican Chocolate
- one Molino De Madera-Mexican Chocolate Molino.
Price $25.00 US plus shipping